At least one of the following is mandatory to enter the country without quarantine:
- Proof of completed vaccination (at least two weeks after the second dose)*
- A negative PCR72 test + Ministry Letter of Exemption from Quarantine (see your mailbox – available only in the official Slovak language)
- We strongly recommend you print off and carry all your documents with you
* If you are travelling from a country not on this list and you fly directly to Bratislava, you will need to provide a negative PCR72 test, regardless of your vaccination status. Please note, the UK is not on the list so even if you have been vaccinated, you will still need to provide a negative PCR 72 test.
All family members must declare they are members of the athlete’s support team, fill out the entry form (except children under 12) and follow the same documentation and test protocols as athletes. Please ensure everyone in your party is aware of these requirements and that each individual carries their own copies of the required documentation.
If you are travelling via Vienna Airport (Austria) you can transit directly to the Slovak Republic without stops. You may be requested to prove your final destination with confirmation of a booked transfer (taxi), car rental and/or by invitation from the race organisation (see download button below).
The official Slovakia COVID website can be found here.
The official Austrian COVID website can be found here.
If You Are Not Vaccinated
- Tick the ‘I am not vaccinated’ option on the entry form – https://korona.gov.sk/en/ehranica/
- Then tick ‘I have an exception that requires a negative PCR test result not older than 72 hours
- Then tick ‘Exemptions granted by Ministries’
- Then tick the second option ‘I am a sportsman, member of the implementation team, referees and members of the organising committee who enter the territory of the Slovak Republic to participate in an international sporting event which was notified to the relevant regional public health authority based on the supporting opinion of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic as a one-time mass event lasting up to 48 hours and I have confirmation of this.’
Please note that we are not responsible for any travel restrictions and various requirements given to travellers by respective governments. Restrictions are subject to change and each athlete is responsible for checking and considering them before their flight.
We know travel in these times is not as easy as it used to be but we have worked hard to enable everyone who wants to race THECHAMPIONSHIP, to be able to do so without restriction and we’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Ministry of Sport for their support.
The following procedures have been implemented to ensure the safety of everyone on the race site and allow us all to enjoy a safe and healthy race. Please follow social distancing at all times. It is always tempting to hug or shake hands with friends you haven’t seen for a long time – this year, please don’t! Thank you!
FACE MASK POLICY
- Always mandatory indoors except while eating
- Mandatory outdoors if less than 2m distance from people who are not living with you (this realistically means almost always from arrival)
- Face masks can be removed when having photos taken or camera interview (this includes the awards ceremony – athletes should come to the stage with their mask and then they can take it off)
- Face masks can be removed while racing
- Please ensure you bring enough of your own face masks to last the length of your stay.
RACE DAY POLICY
- [Updated according to changes of the local law by 17/8]
- We recommend to all participants and staff to have one of the following things on race day (not required):
- Full vaccination
- Recovery from COVID in the past 180 days
- Negative PCR 72 test
- Negative Antigenic 48 test on the race day
- Face masks are mandatory for all crew and athletes all day even outside
- Please note, there will be testing centre at the race venue providing paid antigenic tests for non-vaccinated people. However, please note testing capacity is limited. For more details, click here
- Food and drinks are not allowed except in the designated and separated areas (such as VIP, restaurant, separated zone in the expo)
- At the finish line there will be no shaking hands
- We strongly discourage spectators and request where possible followers of the race view the live coverage online from the safety of their own homes